Wednesday, September 09, 2009

The Tides are a changin'

Well here I am, a little later than promised, but here none the less. The best bit is, I come bearing news like I had hoped to share!

This morning I got a call from The Royal Melbourne Dental Hospital offering me a position on their dental health team. I am so excited and relieved that I can leave the current working conditions behind me! So excited that, as soon as I got home (i was on my way to another interview at the hospital when i got the news) I promptly crawled into bed and slept! I think the stress of the last few months and the sudden realization that it is all behind me hit me and my body just said "okay.. ENOUGH already!! Sleep now!"

So what could I do? I don't like to argue with myself, so I did... I slept and slept and a few times I woke and wondered if i had been dreaming. Guess what? I wasn't!!

So there you go... the tides are a changing... I am no longer going to have to try and keep my head above water (stress wise) in an place where management would rather see me drown, and finally, I will be able to touch the bottom and go through life, swimmingly.

Because I was having such a good day today and had a full fare, full day train ticket, when I got off the train I wrote a nice little message on the ticket and placed it into the machine ticket slot, so the next person that was needing to buy a ticket, would see it and take it.
"Please take this ticket as a gesture of good will. It is valid until midnight. I hope that you have as wonderful a day as I am having! xx".
I challenge you to do something nice for a stranger tomorrow. It will make you feel so good and be the icing on your cake!
I would love to hear what you do!
Anyway, thats all from me for now... hopefully now that I will be working decent hours, and coming home at a decent hour and be no longer doing weekends, you will hear from me more often.
Love and misses.
xxxxx

2 comments:

Estivalia said...

congratulations on the new job! :)

Miss cath said...

Hey sweetie you know how excited I am for you! Will be great to see you have more time for you.

MWAH.

ps - love the ticket idea!!